Monday 26 April 2010

Farmers Hat + Eyes

Apologies but i forgot to post this before my post about the Materials. After creating my farmer, I needed to add Eyes to his head. TO do this I created 2 Circles and converted them to Editable Poly's. I then selected all the vertices of them and used the "Attach" tool to attach them to the head of my farmer. I repeated this process for the other eye and Mouth.

I also decided to add a hat onto my farmer. This was very simple to make but I feel makes the farmer look a lot more realistic. I started off by creating a cylinder. I decided on the height of the cylinder to decide the thickness of the hat. I then increased the amount of "Width Segments", which created a cylindrical effect coming out from the centre of the circle. I then chose the inner cirlec of the hat and move it upwards to create the room for the head.

I then selected the centre vertex and used "Soft-Selection" to gradully increase the selected area. I indented this area to make it look more like a hat. I also moved the vertices around the edge of the hat to give them a bit of an upwards curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment