Monday 3 May 2010

Scene 7 – Farmer Thinking About Killing Goose

The main theme behind the Fable is the idea of greed. The greed comes from the Farmer who has already gained lots of money from his goose that laid a golden egg. Instead of waiting to see if this was a recurring scene, he is impatient and believes there will be gold inside of the egg. I wasn’t too sure how I would be able to achieve this though.

I then thought of a very simple but effective method that I could use to create this effect. Two scenes ago I had my Farmer thinking about selling his golden egg and making a lot of money from it. This scene worked well and portrayed the farmer’s thoughts to the audience so I decided to duplicate this Scene and change what the Farmer was thinking about.

I got the images of the goose in 2 halves from a model that I had created for a later scene. I edited the colour of the innards of the goose to a gold colour. I then placed an image of both the front and the back of the goose into the thought bubble. The animation and scenario in the scene are the same as in the previous scene. It gives the feeling that the Farmer is irrational and thinking of a quick success plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment