Monday 3 May 2010

Scene 4 – Picking Up The Golden Egg

In scene 4 the farmer is picking up the Golden Egg that he has got from his Goose. I decide to make this scene from the point of view of the farmer. I felt that this gave the person viewing the animation the feeling of being more involved with the scene as it is as if they are the farmer. I believe this is very effective.

I added a Target Spotlight to the scene. I did this because I wanted to emphasize that the farmer was picking up the Golden Egg, which obviously doesn’t happen very often. I wanted to make it seem as if the egg was a gift from God and therefore the light would be coming from the sky and highlighting the Egg.

The Egg has a gold colour to it obviously because that fits in with the Scene and the storyline. I did originally create a shiny gold texture to the Egg when modelling it. Unfortunately when I placed the egg into this scene with the texture, it made it impossible to get the Egg to be easily viewable to the person watching the animation. With a lot more time and available skills, this probably would have been possible but unfortunately my skills are limited so I had to settle for a Gold colour.




No comments:

Post a Comment