Monday 3 May 2010

Scene 6 – Rich Farmer

In this scene we get to see the Farmer in a very happy mood because he has lots of money, which is on show for everyone to see. The scene starts off with a view from behind the farmer standing at a table or desk. The camera then pans over his shoulder and focuses on the stacks of money on the table. After panning across that mass amount he has, the camera then zooms out and focuses on the farmer. He is standing there with his arms out as if to say “Look at all my money” and he has a huge grin on his face.

The strongest part of this scene is definitely the money on the table. I considered many different ways of representing money such as Dollar Symbols, Expensive clothing and gold in the scene. I decided on using this method as I felt it really got across the fact that he has a lot as it is all stacked up. I think the money looks very realistic and is one of my favourite parts of the whole animation.

It is a simple plain with a material of a dollar bill added to it however I wanted to make sure that the overall stacks looked realistic. My first idea was just to create a set of stacks of planes with no materials added to them and then just attach one with the material to the top. This looked rubbish because on the side camera shots, you could see that there was no material added to them. To conquer this I added the material to all of the planes and from the side it looks very realistic.

I was very happy with how this scene came out because I found it hard to come up with a way of showing the farmer with all his money. I considered many different options but then thought about having him basically show it to all the people watching the animation. This builds up the idea of him being cocky and arrogant as he wants to always show off.











No comments:

Post a Comment