Wednesday 5 May 2010

Editing Video In Premiere Pro

Once I had rendered all of my videos, my next step was to collaborate them all into one film that would be used as the final animation. To do this, I had been told to use a program called Adobe Prmeiere Pro. I was a bit worried about this because I had never used this program before and in truth never actually done any major video editing work.

I was pleasantly surprised however when I actually started to work on the file. I found it very easy to navigate and most of it is pretty self explanatory once you have located the file with all of the final video renders. There is a main timeline where I was able to drag and drop my videos into to create 1 animation in the order that I chose.

I used a small tutorial given by Richard to create some transitions between scenes in my animation. These would occur when the scenes change over and did not really flow well. They could also be used for affect but my main reason was to make the animation flow well. I used fade ins and fade outs to move between two scenes that had pretty different backgrounds and character. I also used the Fade-to-Black option where instead of fading into the next scene, the scene would fade into a black screen and then proceed onto the next scene. These were used when the two scenes had no relevance to each other and it really gave the impact of moving into a different room.

I finished off the animation by adding two small clips that had text on so that I was able to add a title and my details to the video. These were used as Opening and Closing Scenes. The opening scene gives my information and the name of the Fable whereas the closing scene simply has the moral of the Fable. I also made this closing scene run for a long time so that the message of the animation really gets across to the viewer. These were very simple to create, which I thought was surprising as I expected them to be quite tough.

I was pretty happy with the result because I had now got a complete video that was working for just over 2 minutes with successful transitions between most of the scenes. I felt there was a good flow between the scenes and there wasn’t any time where one scene jumped to the next and left you a bit confused how this happened when watching it. The final step of the animation was going to be to add sounds.


My final video in Premiere Pro



No comments:

Post a Comment