Monday 3 May 2010

Modelling The Egg

I was now ready to make some of the extra models that would be needed to complete the animation. These were models that would not need animation but were going to be created in 3d because it made them look realistic and fit in well.

The first model to create was "The Golden Egg". Seeing as the whole fable is based around this Golden Egg, it was obviously pretty important. I started off by creating a "Sphere". I then made this an Editable Poly so that I could play around wit the vertices. I now selected the very top vertex of the Sphere and used the "Soft Selection" tool to gradually start affecting a larger area of the sphere. I then used the move tool and raise the height of the egg. This created the shape of the top of the egg.

As you can tell, this is a very simple model to create but it was very important to the fable so needed to be created.




I now had my Egg model created however one of the key parts of the Fable is the fact that it is golden. This meant that I was going to have to change the colour of the Egg. I thought I would look around on the Internet to find a good gold texture but instead found a tutorial of how to make one.

http://www.3dvalley.com/tutorials/creating-gold-silver-and-copper-materials << The link for the tutorial I used.

This tutorial showed me how to create the gold texture and add different lighting to it to give it a good shine.




I liked the final product however during the animation I did come across a big problem whilst using this egg model. With the gold texture that I had created attached to it, adding lighting to the scenes made it very hard because of the reflection that was set up. In most of my scenes I ended up having to just add a gold colour created from the colour swatches in 3ds max.

No comments:

Post a Comment