Monday 3 May 2010

Scene 10 – Goose Being Killed

This scene was one of my favourites to animate however it was important to ensure it was realistic and also suitable for my target audience. The overall fable finishes with the farmer killing his goose as he believes that there is gold inside of it. This meant that I needed to animate the death of an animal. This sounded like it would be fun to animate however as my target audience in mainly children, I did not want to make the death too gory that would be unsuitable for them to watch.

The scene starts with the same view of the goose that was left from the previous screen. There is a target spotlight that highlights the Goose in the centre of the screen. With the spotlight, it makes the rest of the screen black therefore it allowed me to make the axe appear out of nowhere. This also made it very easy to animate as I did not have to show the farmer using the axe as the shadows would have covered him.

Halfway through the scene we see the head of the axe come down and chop the goose in half. When it hits the ground after going through the goose it then rises back up to its upright position. As the head of the axe rises out of the flesh of the Goose, the goose breaks into half with both the front and back falling away from each other onto the ground.

As I mentioned I did enjoy animating this scene and I feel that I did not make it too gory or inappropriate for my target audience. The target spotlight gave the impression that the Goose has been captured and was being interrogated.













No comments:

Post a Comment